When we first decided to develop Pastebot, the biggest problem was that it could not run in the background. Working in the background is fundamental to a clipboard app. How useful could a clipboard app be if you had to launch it after each copy? We decided to move forward with it because we felt it had enough potential features to still be quite useful. Turned out we made the right choice. However, we also hoped that someday Apple would allow multi-tasking in some form so Pastebot could finally work how we truly intended it to. Being able to run in the background has been the biggest feature request from our customers.
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- August 2010
- July 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
Archive for the ‘Pastebot’ Category
Ever since the iPad came out our number one support question has been, “Can I sync more than one device with my Mac at the same time?” The answer as of Pastebot v1.2 is, “Yes you can.”
Pastebot v1.1 is now available in the App Store. Here’s a quick overview on what’s new:
- New Language Translation Filter
- Ability to select app launch location
- Ability to create new folder during move
- Ability to duplicate clips
- Ability to group and ungroup clips
- Support/About sections in preferences
- Enable/disable text links in preferences (disabled by default)
- Various bug fixes
I wanted to mention that there have been some reshuffling of some of the button icons and menus. We hate making changes like this, but felt it was necessary for the growth of the app.
You also need to update your version of Pastebot Sync. FYI, the new version of Pastebot Sync doesn’t work with Pastebot 1.0x and vice versa. You can grab the new version of the sync app here.
We are now hard at work on app #4 and extremely excited about it. Let us know what you think and don’t forget to leave a review in the app store!
Hello Everyone. We’ve just pushed out an update to Pastebot Sync that addresses some of the popular requests we’ve received since launch. This update makes moving images back and forth even easier than before! Here are the changes:
- Ability to paste images directly to the Finder and iPhoto.
- Ability to copy groups of images both ways.
- File names of images copied from the Finder, iPhoto, and Safari are saved and also automatically become titles in Pastebot for better search results.
- Titles added to images in Pastebot become the file name when pasted to the Finder
- Fixed issue with no menubar in 10.5.
- Fixed issue with images appearing in Pastebot as “Unknown Data” in 10.5.
There are 3 ways to get this update.
- Wait for the auto-update to pop up.
- Select “Check for Updates” from the Pastebot Sync menu icon. (10.5 users can’t do this because of the bug which has been fixed)
- Download directly from our website (If you redownload, be sure to turn the Sync app OFF and back ON after the install to restart the service)
Let us know if you have any questions or issues!
First of all, thanks to everyone who has purchased Pastebot and has said wonderful things about it. We are in complete shock by the reception and are excited to make Pastebot even better. Pastebot is such an open-ended app and there are many ways to use it. We are really curious to know how people have made Pastebot a part of their workflow. I’m sure other users would like some tips as well. So let us know how you are using Pastebot in the comments!