As the old saying goes “You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs”, well with an application as complex as Tweetbot and as many changes as we made to 2.0 a few bugs will get by. We’ve submitted Tweetbot 2.0.1 for iPhone and 1.0.1 for iPad and are waiting approval but we wanted to list out some of the bugs that we fixed for that release.
* DMs not working for iOS 4.x devices.
* Lists losing their positions.
* TweetMarker not working properly.
* Arabic, Thai, possibly other keyboards not functioning correctly.
* Video upload settings lost on restart.
We have no control over how fast Apple approves the update, but we’re hoping that it’ll be sometime late next week.
Ever since the launch of Tweetbot, many of you have been asking us for an iPad version. Unfortunately there’s a lot of work involved because it’s not as simple as just making everything bigger. Our goal for the iPad app was to provide a familiar Tweetbot experience while making use of the iPad’s larger size. Well today we are happy to announce Tweetbot for the iPad!
As with the original Tweetbot for iPhone, version 1.0 is about getting you a solid first version. We still have a lot of work ahead of us so we appreciate your support! We have a lot of great stuff coming in the pipeline.
We are anticipating some of you wondering why the app is not universal so let me briefly explain. As you know, releasing quality software takes a lot of time. We anticipated working on the iPad version for around 3 months. It turned out to be over 6. We love what we do, but the bottom line is Tapbots is a business and the end goal is for us to make a living. We are just 2 guys at this company both with a family/kids to take care of. We also think charging $3 for each version is fair considering most of the other universal twitter apps charge more. If you don’t have an iPhone or iPad, you aren’t stuck paying more for a universal version.
So that’s about it! We hope you enjoy the new app and we will be working hard on bringing you improvements. Buy Tweetbot for the iPad here!
It’s been awhile since our last major Tweetbot update, but today we are proud to announce Tweetbot 2.0 for the iPhone! We hope the wait was worth it. Tweetbot 2.0 is a free upgrade for current users.
So What’s New?
This version comes with many significant improvements to the Timeline and Direct Messages. Here are the major changes in more detail:
- Updated timeline view
- Image thumbnails in timeline
- Links now colored and single-tappable
- “Retweeted by” bar now integrated and tappable
- Cell colors adjusted for better contrast
- New direct message view.
- Redesigned “New Tweets” bar (Can be dismissed by tap and configured in Settings > Display)
- Timed auto-refresh (timeline, mentions, and DM’s will refresh every 5 minutes)
- Readability added as mobilizer service
- Much improved tweet replies view
- Links in user’s bio now tappable
- “Huge” font size option in Settings > Display
- Improved scrolling performance